You use the Project page to edit projects and their programmes.
To access the Project page from the Powerproject Vision Home page, click Projects, then click the name of the project that you want to edit. You can also access the Project page by clicking a project or programme's bar when viewing your portfolio as a bar chart.
The upper part of the Project page displays details of the project; the lower part of the page displays one tab for each of the project's programmes. A tab appears for a programme type only when a programme of that type has been created.
To edit a project and its programmes:
- Edit the descriptive name of the project in the Name field.
- To upload files related to the project, and to access any project files that have already been uploaded, click Additional Files.
- To view details of the project's programme revisions, click Revisions.
- If any high priority project-level user-defined fields have been set up, these appear on the page for you to complete, between the Name and Assigned users fields.
- The Assigned users field displays a list of users who are assigned to the project directly. To change the users that are assigned directly to the project:
- Click Assign User. The Assign User popup appears. You use this popup to assign users to the project directly. Security, workflow and email rules can all be configured to apply to users who are assigned to projects directly.
- Select the user role of the users you want to assign to the project in the User role field, then select the users in the User name field. You can CTRL or SHIFT-select users to select more than one user.
Select '(All Roles)' in the User role field to view all users in the User name field, regardless of their role. You can then select any user from the alphabetical list.
- Click Add. You return to the previous page, where a row appears for each selected user to the right of the Assigned users field.
Click Remove to the right of a user to unassign them from the project if required. If a user has been assigned to a project automatically as a result of their name being selected in a project-level, User-type user-defined field, you cannot unassign them from the project by simply editing the project and removing the user; you must also remove the user's name from the user-defined field.
- Specify the types of project-related email that users who are assigned to the project and who subscribe to emails will receive in the Subscribed to emails field:
- Select 'Default Subscription' to specify that users should receive emails relating to the project as specified by the email rules that have been configured.
- Select 'Subscribed' to specify that users should receive all emails relating to the project that apply to their user roles, regardless of any field rules that apply to email rules (for example, rules stating that users should receive emails only if the value of a particular user-defined field matches certain criteria).
- Select 'Unsubscribed' to specify that users should receive no emails relating to the project.
- If any project-level user-defined fields have been set up, these appear on the page for you to complete. For example, if a Region user-defined field has been configured, a Region field will appear for you to specify the region to which the project takes place.
- Enter any notes relating to the projects in the Notes field. A icon appears against all projects against which notes have been recorded on the Projects page. You can click this icon to view and edit a project's notes.
- The tabs in the lower part of the page display details of the project's various programmes. Click a tab to view details of the corresponding programme. Programmes that have been suspended are identified with a icon.
If a programme comment has been defined as a result of a workflow rule, it is displayed at the top of the tab. Also displayed are any standard and custom workflow actions - each one corresponding to a workflow rule - that apply to the programme, based on its current status. Custom workflow actions - those that are unique to your workflow - are highlighted in bold.
For each programme that has been created, you can edit any programme-level user-defined fields that have been set up. You can also click a workflow action to carry it out. Depending on the current status of a programme and on your access rights, the following default workflow actions may be available; click a workflow action in the list below for more information:
- Programme Comments.
- Add Comment.
- Check Out.
- Check In.
- Cancel Check Out.
- Download Latest.
- Manage Revisions.
You can specify the order in which workflow actions appear on this page.
- Click Save Changes. You return to the Projects page.