Managing different revisions of a programme
You use the Manage Revisions page to view details of all the revisions that have been created of a particular programme. The revisions are listed on the page. Click a revision to view its details. You can edit the name and description of each revision, revert a programme to an earlier revision - ie make a new 'latest' revision that is based on an earlier revision - and create a template based on a revision.
To access the Manage Revisions page from the Powerproject Vision Home page:
- Click Projects. The Projects page appears.
- Click the name of the project whose programme revisions you want to manage. The Project page appears.
- Click the appropriate programme type hyperlink at the top of the page to view the tab of the programme whose revisions you want to view.
- Click Manage Revisions on the programme's tab.
To view details of a revision:
- In the list of revisions, click the revision whose details you want to view. Its details are displayed in the following fields:
- Revision created by - The name of the user who created the revision; if a revision was created by a workflow action, this is noted in this field.
- Revision created date - the date and time at which the revision was created.
- Revision name - the name that has been applied to the revision, either when it was created or at a later time.
- Revision description - a more detailed description that has been applied to the revision, either when it was created or at a later time.
- Progress date - the date and time up to which progress has been recorded in the revision.
- Programme comments - any comments that have been recorded against the revision. If your access rights do not permit you to view comments, this field does not appear. A dot appears to the left of the name of revisions against which comments have been recorded.
- Edit the revision name and description if required.
- To indicate that a comment has been incorporated into the programme - or that it has been dealt with in some other way - select the check box to the right of the comment. This check box may not appear for all comments.
- If you have edited the revision name or description, click Update Details.
If you are unhappy with the latest revision of a programme, you can revert the programme to an earlier revision of the programme. Doing this creates a copy of the earlier revision and makes this the new 'latest' revision. The previous 'latest' revision is not deleted when you do this; it is retained, but is no longer considered to be the 'latest' revision.
To revert a programme to an earlier revision:
- In the list of revisions, click the revision to which you want to revert.
- Click Revert to Revision. A popup appears, asking you to confirm whether you want to revert the programme to the selected revision.
- Click OK. A popup appears, asking you to enter a name and description for the new 'latest' revision that will be created.
- Enter a name and description and click OK to revert the programme to the selected revision and return to the Manage Revisions page, where the new revision appears as the 'latest' revision.
You can create a template based on a revision, then use the template when creating the first programme in a new project. When you create the first programme in a project, it will have the same attributes as the template on which it is based. This saves you from having to set up each project and programme from scratch.
To create a template based on a revision:
- In the list of revisions, click the revision on which you want to base a template.
- Click Create Template. A popup appears, asking you to enter a name for the template.
- Enter a descriptive name for the template and click OK to create the template and view the Programme Templates page, where the new template appears in the list.
When you have finished managing a programme's revisions, click Back to details to return to the Project page.
Editing projects and programmes
Viewing details of a project's programme revisions