You use the Programme Check In page to check in a programme that you have previously checked out once you have finished working with it in Powerproject. If Powerproject Vision is configured to work in Powerproject Managed Baselines mode and a baseline exists for a programme, you can also check in the programme's baseline. You normally use Powerproject to check in programmes, but you can also check in programmes using the Powerproject Vision website, as described below.
If you have applied a quality check to a programme type, it is not possible to check programmes of that type in or out using the Powerproject Vision website; you must check them in and out using Powerproject.
To access the Programme Check In page from the Powerproject Vision Home page:
- Click Projects. The Projects page appears.
- Click the name of the project whose programme you want to check in. The Project page appears.
- Click the appropriate programme type hyperlink at the top of the page to view the tab of the programme you want to check in.
- Click Check In on the programme's tab.
To check in a programme:
- In the Programme field, click Browse and use the dialog that appears to select the programme that you want to check in.
- If the programme was checked out with a baseline, a Baseline field appears. Click Browse in this field and use the dialog that appears to select the baseline that you want to check in.
- Depending on the way in which Powerproject Vision is configured, you may need to enter a name and description to apply to the latest revision of the programme. Enter this information in the Name and Description fields.
- Depending on the way in which Powerproject Vision is configured, you may be able to attach a file to the programme when you check it in. If you can, an Attach file field is displayed. If you want to attach a file to the programme, click Browse in this field and use the dialog that appears to select the file that you want to attach.
If you attach a file when checking in a programme, a new programme comment is recorded against the programme when it is checked in, with the file attached. In addition to this, the files you attach when checking in are attached to the emails that are sent automatically as a result of the check in, as part of your workflow. This makes it easy for reviewers to access any files relating to the checked in programme.
- Click Check In. The programme, and optionally the baseline, is checked in and its status changes to 'Checked In'.