Configuring firewall settings for your Business Intelligence database
If you have purchased the optional Business Intelligence module, you use the Firewall Settings page to configure firewall settings in Powerproject Vision that will enable you to access the Business Intelligence database that you use for external reporting. The database is protected by a firewall, which disallows external access, except via any IP addresses that you specify here. If you want to be able to access the database yourself, you must enter details of the IP addresses that should be allowed through the firewall to access the database.
The firewall settings are displayed in a list. You can filter and sort the firewall settings in the list and change the width of columns in the list.
To access the Firewall Settings page from the Powerproject Vision Home page, click Admin then click Firewall Settings. This option is only available if you have purchased the optional Business Intelligence module.
To configure firewall settings for your Business Intelligence database:
- Click Add New Rule. The Create New Firewall Rule page appears.
- Enter a descriptive name for the firewall settings in the Name field. If you configure more than one set of firewall settings, each name must be unique.
- In the Start IP Address field, enter the lowest IP address in the range that can attempt to connect to the database. The lowest possible IP address is '0.0.0.0'.
- In the End IP Address field, enter the highest IP address in the range that can attempt to connect to the database. The highest possible IP address is '255.255.255.255'.
For example, if you enter a start IP address of '0.0.0.4' and an end IP address of '0.0.0.6', IP addresses 0.0.0.4, 0.0.0.5 and 0.0.06 will be able to access the database.
- Click Create. The firewall settings are created and you return to the Firewall Settings page.
To edit an existing set of firewall settings:
- Click the name of the firewall setting that you want to edit. The Edit Existing Firewall Setting page appears.
- Edit the details of the firewall settings as required.
- Click Save Changes. You return to the Firewall Settings page.
To delete a set of firewall settings:
- Right-click the firewall setting that you want to delete and select Delete. A popup appears, asking you to confirm whether you want to delete the firewall setting.
- Click OK to delete the firewall setting and return to the Firewall Settings page.